As of the 1.0 release, administrators are able to define help for the following parts of the interface:
How to open help
There are two places where in-app help is available:
- The question mark icon visible on the right side of the page banner. Clicking on this icon will open the help sidebar and search the page for applicable help. If help is found for the page being viewed, it will be shown immediately. Otherwise, a table of contents will show with all of the applicable help articles for elements of the page.
- If enabled, help icons will show next to slots that have help defined for them.
On the bucket parametrics page, there are three settings for in-app help:
- Enabled - shows the question mark icon on the right side of the page banner. Help icons will show next to slots when the help sidebar is activated.
- Enabled with Contextual Help - shows the question mark icon on the right side of the banner. Additionally shows question mark icons next to slots that have help defined for them.
- Disabled - all question mark icons are turned off by default.
To create help, you must have the appropriate security permissions to create help articles in the system.
To create help from the help sidebar:
- Open the help sidebar
- Click on the New/plus button in the corner
- A list will show with all of the elements on the page that may have help written for them. Select an element to create a help article for that element.
Creating help from the configuration UI
To create help from the system configuration:
- Click on the system configuration cog in page banner
- Select Help from the menu
- Select the page element type and element to associate the help article to.